March 5, 2008

I'm beautiful..

It was for the first time in a week that my regular alarm wasn’t the reason. For normally I get up only when my cell phone shrieks horrendously into my ears in the morning, challenging my biological clock, which is always in a crisis. But not this time, in fact, I got up on my own, without any alarm.

As I got up and sat on my bed with my yellow squared bed sheet printed with navy blue flowers on my lap, my hair open and falling down my shoulders, artistically tangled, I realized, I'm beautiful. It was just a thought that filled me with sheer enchantment. A thought, an enticing thought, an alluring thought, an intelligent thought. It was just a random thought and I could almost sense the consequences. All of a sudden everything became beautiful and my world changed....temporarily though...I wish I could have taken that feeling longer...but then its like that..the semblance is never the same..The feel is tranquilising though...the feel..
I can't really remember the genesis, but I could remember the sensation of looking and feeling beautiful and how it lingered, across the meninges, through my veins, on the surface...and all through my mind.

Dawn, with darkness spread like dust particles, a blurry fringe of a light, dictating my existence, made me realise that I am beautiful. Was this unseen for years???....maybe...I always knew I was beautiful, but never realised that. But now, I did. Realisation is more important than knowing. In fact it's the only way to get into the meaning deeper and better. The earlier you realize, the better you become. Good, I realised..It gave me a vision that things happen, good or bad, your conscience alerts you, then you realize the consequences and life gets better.

All of a sudden....things changed..

My gold ring, in ruby, which was very normal sometime back, became beautiful. It shone brilliantly as it never had before. Moreover, my hand was no more a body part, it became a beautifully sculptured piece of art and a gift of God, and I felt blessed. I was sailing across the vast ocean of my feelings. I felt like I was one step closer to my true self..my real strength. I was undiscovered, until then...still on my way to discover something..This unconscious introspection was an envision...

In front of the mirror, amidst the sun breaking into the darkness, to shine brightly, I stood. I moved closer and closer until I could peep into my very own reflection. My soul. My heart. My existence. Glints of yellow light filled up my room, an evidence of what I was feeling..and I stood there, in front of the mirror, analyzing my own reflection and concluding...I'm beautiful.
Things changed after that....
" You can make new discoveries only if you lose sight of the shore." *

Losing the sight of the shore came as a bliss.
-----------------------------------------------
[PS- * anonymous]

19 comments:

  1. good post...so miss beautiful...keep it rolling...welcome to my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. a creative work becomes beautiful if it can create a feelng of familiarity in readers.there wl be noone who never stood infront of mirror with ths thought,atleast once in life.beauty is in d eyes of others.everythng in ths earth is beatiful.gud work..go on..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post...but to be frank I thought it was awkward at some places. To exemplify-- "As I got up and sat on my bed with my yellow squared bed sheet printed with navy blue flowers on my lap, my hair open and falling down my shoulders, artistically tangled, I realized, I'm beautiful."
    What I believe is that there was no need to describe the situation so minutely. And at the end of the sentence you suddenly say "I'm beautiful"...I know it was a random thought...but I didn't really like how the feeling was brought in..

    Overall, I like the post.
    It's beautiful :D

    Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "unconscious introspection was an envision" --> i liked it very much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! thats all i can say. i mean a normal routine activity such as getting up, has been very well linked and the topic brought out maybe even better. two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey its gud....keep goin girrrl:)
    happy late realisation dt ur beautiful!!!
    by d way api(arpita)here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shruti

    Your prose has a latent impression of passages by Virginia Woolfe. If you have a chance, do read "A Room of One's Own."
    On the whole interesting read.
    Remember Keats
    “A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.”
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for the delay, but i cudn't do justice to the post in all my 3 hasty previous readings. I really liked the idea in itself... of portraying a feeling that all might have undergone at some point in history but all (at least me) considered it enough trivial to be ignored. The post made it's point very well and that's all that counts in print communication.
    Sufficiently unique for an applause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. interestingly beautiful...
    beautifylly amazing....
    amzingly interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Easygoing... A beautiful mind...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousMay 21, 2008

    Hey....wow...nicely written yaar.

    Congratulations, for realising you are beautiful.

    Anyway,

    Nice post indeed. Keep writing.

    Himanshu

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 09, 2008

    well well well!!!!
    u made me look into the mirror.....if its at least once...

    keep writing!!!

    PARTH

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, looking into the mirror for too long can uncover strange things. Watch your face in the mirror for more than 5 minutes, and notice how it changes, for the worse. You start to become overly critical of yourself, of your face. Your features, emotions start to entangle with each other, and the mind starts playing tricks. If you're beautiful, forget the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  14. when someone is so sincerely close to oneself..... though it maybe only for a few everlasting moments in ur memory, i guess a few good words from me can't make u feel even close to that.
    i hope that u realise similar moments more often
    -shiv

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a cute post :).. Nicely written!

    (found u on Outlooking life :|)

    ReplyDelete
  16. everyone on this earth is beautiful, saddest part is nobody realizes how really beautiful you are, be it character or external appearance. Everybody is getting lost in this ever ending concrete jungle. Its sickening to realize that people are no longer able to appreciate the beauty of nature, beauty of ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can make new discoveries only if you lose sight of the shore."

    this , acc. 2 me, is the best line of this post...u have written it in a very simple, poetic way....keep it up!!

    btw, i am a fellow blogger..came across ur site on orkut...

    do visit mine too..full of poems...http://ninadbhangle.blogspot.com

    do not hesitate to comment on my blog...
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey beautiful
    your sense of beauty seems to be infectious...

    ReplyDelete