February 27, 2008

HYPOCRISY:AN ARBIT CHOICE

I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes -Walt Whitman.

What Mr. Walt Whitman said then, applies to all the mortals, of all the centuries, all the anno dominies and all the before christs. CONTRADICTION is the commonest trait of all the human beings living in this universe.Infact, it is a linkage between all the races this earth has ever witnessed and shall witness in the future.


As the humans are evolving, they are becoming more intelligent & more learned, and this pigeonhole of the evolving intelligentsia is like a prairie where contradiction grows profusely. This abundance of contradictory disposition has bred what we call “HYPOCRISY”.


Hypocrisy is the biggest GIFT that contradiction has given to this mankind. There may be other gifts as well, but this one is above all. The most evil, the most wretched and the most hideous one. Hypocrisy is the epitome of negation. It is super derogatory and cruelest of all the words that describe a mortal. People hate being called a hypocrite, when they actually know the truth, their own reality.

I am a contradictory person myself and my being so is not an arbit choice or something, but is innate. I am acquiring some of its notorious version as I’m growing up and everyone else is too. So why being ashamed of calling yourself a hypocrite when you yourself know that you are one too.It’s like veiling and blindfolding your inner self.I know I am sounding shameless and obviously hypocrisy is not something worth flaunting and crying out to the world that OH!! Look at me. I have some higher standards and I pretend to be like that. But my dears… the point is ..why fool yourselves??? Why not accept it’s existence in your mind and soul. Why deny this very fact?? I may sound like a traitor and an intruder to your space, but you know what it is like….You must have heard people saying-Oh!!! You know what, I hate hypocrites and this world is full of them. On that, all I can is that, either they are saints or good at telling themselves lies. For me it’s like FAKING your “self”.

Hypocrisy is perfectly the most odious character reflected by a human being. It grows with age, grows inside, gradually, initially it is attenuating, and as we become more aware and more worldly and more wise, it grows profusely within and subtly mixes in blood, like oxygen…carbon dioxide maybe and becomes stable and remains there forever..

We humans exhibit duality and multitudinous personality. Humans are multiple in nature, they are all in one and one in all. It’s like I may be feeling sad, happy, disgusted, jealous and concerned at the same time without even realizing that. This multiple nature nurses HYPOCRISY. It makes one a big time preacher. I remember the other day when I was preaching my younger sister not to listen to ROCK justifying its maddening effects in my own words,and when I myself can’t live without it. I despise my overindulgence though, but can’t help it.. that is another issue, but the point is that I feel like a hypocrite when I do this.It's not a treason though but maybe the authority overshadows my concern here. Not just this, I have something more to say. Whenever I have an argument, I always refute others and always think I am right. Everyone does this. I call this hypocrisy, of some sort. I perceive contradiction in my own ways and people may agree or disagree. but then, I am with my interpretations. The point is not existence of hypocrisy but pain is about its non-acceptance. People believe in escaping out and all they say is WE ARE NOT HYPOCRITES without even realizing that their words are the evidennce. Isn’t that convenient ???...Sheer escapism…just twist the meaning, perceive it your ways, reach to a conclusion which is always-I AM NOT A HYPOCRITE, isn’t it???But acceptance is the only escape and people shouldrealise it.They should stop faking and misleading themselves.They should just acknowledge the reality.

When god made humans , he adjusted hypocrisy as a default attribute. So all the people who are reading this , I know, their self is nodding in acceptance but the stubborn outside is ready to lambast me for my lunacy, of calling them a hypocrite..

For all those and others…
I can recall a line from a famous song. It goes like this..
"Guess there's a Slim Shady in all of us, f**k it, let's all stand up."

10 comments:

  1. u r right.we can meet d real hypocrite if we search in d depth of our mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. dat was quite interesting n true. dis is xctly what i have felt many times bou myself(n u2;)..a 'hypocrite' ..i think what u said was v true..we keep contradicting ourselves widout evn realising dat...but at times its necessary 2 contradict urself like a father who smokes might ask his son nt 2smoke bt himself cant leave it... its a part of lyf.. u jus NEED2be a hypocrite!

    PS: in dat line which u quoted 4m d song..i think ur being a hypocrite..y don u jus write "fuck"! y put stars!!?? u don put stars when u say it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hypocrite who knows that he is one, yet doesn't do anything other than accepting,is atraitor to himself,and any moral,ethical he/she is having

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyways...great post..keep ur inner turmoil flowing onto the blog...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I completely agree with your point of view. But there are a few people who really are not hypocrite, i feel..
    Great article it is.. Thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think u need any adulation. You know what u have written has substance. I simply wish to congratulate you for writing with such vengeance and lucidity... I loved that and also the opportunity to look within.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good writing.Very deep insights.very good balance.U remind me of the early existentialists.Good name too 'the insider.
    congrats.will continue your readings
    visit MAN IN PAINTING

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice post

    refreshing n presents an altogether new perspective
    hope to c more such articles that probe the inner depths of human psyche

    http://rockysinvestmentideas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 19, 2008

    hmmm...nicely written once again ...i just want to conclude that
    "wrong and right r relative....wat v think is wrong is wrong and vice versa."
    i appreciate the thing that ur thought was not influenced by others....it was purely ur thinking....keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, not just for writing, but for intropecting! Believe me, the biggest gift you (as a human) have got is the ability to think.

    Hypocrisy arises when one does not want to accept the truth (something that you've anyway implied in your post). The reluctance to accept the truth arises when it stands at odds with what one WANTS to see as the truth. This in turn happens when one thinks only from their point of view. Meaning, when one thinks they're the center at the of the workings of the Universe. That everything ought to happen in a way that benefits themselves. Nothing wrong with this. But what's wrong is the inability to accept the case to be otherwise.

    Hypocrisy is not a given, it is not a permanent trait. Indulging in it is an act. True, some people indulge in it more often and in more numerous areas of life. But, one can indeed choose to see the truth if they LOVE truth, that is. I'd written a blog covering a certain kind of hypocrisy called "A few responses to criticism of atheism", though seeing your blogs, it's unlikely you'd agree or completely understand what I've written there. And, that's all the more reason I'd like your response to that blog. I've mentioned your inability to understand, not because I find you deficient in intelligence or maturity, but because, accepting my assertions requires certain kind of courage to accept the truth, which most people either never develop or take a lot of time to do. One of the questions in life, people indulge in greatest subconscious hypocrisy is the existence and nature of God. All the standards of rationality, morality, and justice are suspended when one thinks of reflects on this question.

    You can take it as a most definite compliment that I'm recommending you the following blog. It's certainly not meant for those most predisposed to deceive themselves.

    http://atheismblog.blogspot.com/

    Hope you enjoy the blogs, or at least learn some more alternate ways of looking at the world and the people and their convictions.

    TC.

    ReplyDelete